Fingerpicked Acoustic Guitar library as VST and for Kontakt 5 and HISE.
The guitar is a Richwood A-20.
- Sampled range is from D1 to E4, sampling is done for each string until the note of the next string is reached, so there are no recordings of every single note of every string.
- Soft and Hard dynamics for every note and interval.
- 5 percussion samples with 6 round robins each.
- Chord change/sliding noise with 21 round robins.
- Power chord slaps from D1 to D2 with both soft and hard dynamic layers and 2 round robins.
When the Power Slap keyswitch is held down they keyboard range where it is playable will change color.
- Release samples for every note with 2 round robins.
- Release samples can only trigger if release time is set to 250ms or lower.
- Harmonics in range D2 to G4 with 2 round robins.
- 12-string guitar simulation mode, in octaves up to the high E string. From there it turns into unison.
When this option is enabled the script will add a 25ms audio delay to give it time to analyze the midi notes.
If a Major 3rd, Minor 3rd, 4th or 5th interval is played on the D string and above, a real sample of that interval will be played instead of two individual notes.
Depending on the order of the notes, a root position major chord could be played as follows:
- a Major 3rd interval sample + a solo 5th sample.
- a 5th interval sample + a 3rd solo sample.
- a Minor 3rd interval sample + a root note solo sample.
These example tracks only use the AG-20 library.
Example 1 © by Rotho 2019
Example 2 © by Joakim Lövgren 2019
Minimum System Requirements
The standalone AG-20 VST DLL requires a 64-bit computer (x64).
Kontakt 5 instrument requires full version of Kontakt 5.8+.
HISE instrument was built with HISE 2.0 build 650 (see instrument source code on GitHub).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am on Windows 7 and the VST crashes with an unknown error?
A: Please install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (taken from this page).
- 497 samples.
- Kontakt: 407 MB size on disk.
- VST: 170 MB samples, 11.4 MB VST.
You will immediately receive a download link to the Kontakt 5 instrument and AG-20 VST Installer (x64). It’s also possible to download this product from your account’s downloads page. Any future updates to the product can be downloaded for free.
jeff_ray3 (verified owner) –
This is a fine acoustic guitar instrument well worth the price. I’ve only tried the VST version which seems very stable so far. Even though I have other acoustic guitar VSTs, this one was a welcome addition for it’s tonal character and features. It has a controllable key toggle for hard muted bass notes, a toggle for a range of harmonics, and a few keys for fret and string noise which together let the musician create a more natural sounding piece. Additional controls for the velocity and release curves, 12 string doubling, and predictive chords give you some options for customizing the overall response and tone.
I have only two (very minor) quibbles with it. The CPU resource meter seems unnecessary and a bit distracting. An option to hide it would be welcome. My other quibble is that there are a few (3 or less) samples which sound mildly flat to me, but only at their specific velocity. Overall that key or note will sound fine. The inconsistency is no greater than I would find playing my actual physical acoustic guitars, so it’s easily dismissed and you shouldn’t let it affect your decision to purchase it. It’s still a great instrument.
I’ve used it, for real, in two pieces which both came out great. The true test of a digital instrument is real world use and AG-20 worked very well for me.